Friday, June 26, 2015

21st Century Classroom

          At first I hated this assignment. I tried working with Sketchup right away and could not figure it out. I had a few struggles with the architect site as well but overall it worked better for me. Sketchup seemed like a breeze when I figured out you could download furniture instead of actually trying to build it from scratch. 
          I really liked our design. I thought we came up with as many 21st century things we could think of. I really liked the Smartboard as the center of the room. My group also decided to not have a teacher desk. This creates the feeling of a student-centered classrooms. The computers and monitors at each desk allow more technology use which allows students to feel more comfortable with it.                     
          Looking at other designs I would not change much about ours. The first thing that I would change would be to add cubbies for each individual student. This allows teachers to put notes, papers, and artwork back into their files for them to bring home. Another thing I would change would be to use either round or half rounded tables for the students to use. Students would be able to see the Smartboard easier and they would not have their backs towards the teacher or board. The last thing I would add to our classroom is a calendar. I really liked how one group used that. I think it is important to have one up in any classroom. It would be perfect to put it right next to our current events bulletin board. 
         Overall I really liked this project and it made me excited to make and incorporate my classroom into a 21st century based classroom. 

My design:



















Our Jing:
http://screencast.com/t/bcPNseC8xB

Screenshots:



No comments:

Post a Comment